Sunday Brunch Crepes with Caramel Sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil or cooking oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Vermont Creamery Bonne Bouche or Coupole, or your favorite Brie
- 3 macintosh apples
- 1 tbsp butter or cooking oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of bourbon (optional)
- 8 oz jar of Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, oil, salt, and vanilla extract. Beat with a mixer on high (or stir with a spatula) until combined. Let batter set while you prepare the filling
- Peel and slice apples (for apple chutney) or leave apples unpeeled (to keep slices whole). Add butter or oil to hot skillet. Sauté the apples. Add the brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until apples are cooked. Optionally, add a splash of bourbon to the hot pan, light with a kitchen match, and cook alcohol off.
- Slice soft cheese, set aside.
- Add butter or oil to hot skillet or crepe pan, add one ladle of crepe batter. Spread batter around pan and cook, 30 seconds per side. Slide crepe onto plate
- Add cheese and apple filling, fold crepe into triangle or cylinder.
- Top with a generous drizzle with Fat Toad Farm Goat’s Milk Caramel Sauce and enjoy!