Vermont specialty foods incorporates many of the small family owned and operated businesses that sustains the working landscape of Vermont that visitors seek. With more than 385 businesses, specialty food producers strive for excellence in providing their customers with high quality, innovative products made with a distinctive Vermont touch.
We’d like you to know a bit about us as a group, the producers who are the specialty food industry in Vermont:
- Our industry helps support family farms and agri-tourism that sustains the working landscape of Vermont that visitors seek, and others dream about.
- Our specialty food products and producers generate significant editorial coverage in publications such as Gourmet, Bon Appetite, Vermont Life, the New York Times, Better Homes and Gardens, and Yankee.
- Vermont is recognized across North America and in nearly a dozen countries for more than 1,500 exceptional food products.
- More than 385 businesses, from sole proprietorships to large corporations generate over $1 billion in revenue and provide nearly 10% of manufacturing employment in the state.
- We are a non-profit organization made up of small to large Vermont-based food businesses that share the philosophy of providing you, our customers, with high quality, innovative specialty foods made with a distinctive personal touch.