Apple and Peach Compote
- 2 Silken apples, peeled, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 ripe StarFire peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Toss apples, peaches, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Once butter is melted, add fruit mixture and cook, tossing occasionally, until fruit is golden brown and caramelized, 5–7 minutes.
- Add cider to skillet, reduce heat to low, and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally and adding splashes of water if liquid reduces too quickly, until juices are syrupy and fruit is tender, 15–20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then stir in lemon juice.
Do Ahead: Compote can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Gently reheat before serving, if desired.