VCAAP Agriculture and Working Lands Assistance Grant
The Vermont COVID-19 Agriculture Assistance Program (VCAAP) Agriculture and Working Lands Assistance Application is now available.
Some producers may be eligible to apply for the Agriculture and Working Lands Assistance Application, a grant which is open to eligible farmers, meat and poultry processors, slaughterhouses, farmers markets, agricultural?food products?businesses, forest products businesses, and producer associations. A total of $8.5 million is available to help cover losses and expenses caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Application submission opened Wednesday, August 19th
- Application Deadline is October 1st. Keep in mind that grants will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis, so the application may close prior to October 1 if all funds are expended.
- Questions? Please contact: (802) 828-2430 select #9 or email AGR.CovidResponse@vermont.gov
While there is not a complete list of required documents on the Agency of Ag website, other grants funded by CARES Act required the following:
- A properly completed W9 - W-9 form | W-9 Instructions
- 2019 Vermont state tax return
- 2019 federal tax return (or the most recent year filed). Nonprofit organizations do not need to supply state tax returns but will need to provide their Federal Form 990 or Form 990-EZ)
- 2019 income statement broken down by month
- 2020 income statement (YTD) broken down by month
- Any documentation of losses and costs incurred since March 1, 2020 that are related to the COVID-19 public health emergency (receipts from expenses)If you have questions on whether an expense is eligible, don’t wait to get answer. We strongly encourage you to include the expense in your application and the eligibility team will determine whether it is acceptable.
VSFA strongly urges members to compile the above documentation ASAP to ensure you are prepared to apply for a grant should you be eligible.
Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to: (please check the application page for full eligibility)
- An agriculture business that participates in the science or practice of farming, including growing crops and raising animals for the production of food, fiber, fuel and other products, a commercial processor, commercial slaughterhouse, or farmers’ market.
- farmer is a business not eligible for assistance under the VCAAP Dairy Assistance Application with a gross annual income of $10,000 from the sale of agricultural products, livestock, livestock products, or poultry products in one of the two, or three of the five, calendar years preceding submission of an application.
- Commercial processor means any business regulated under 6 V.S.A. § 3302 for the purpose of processing livestock, meat, meat food product, poultry, or poultry product other than for the exclusive use in the household of the owner of the commodity, by the owner and members of the owner’s household and the owner’s nonpaying guests and employees.
- A food business that produces a raw, cooked, or processed edible substance, beverage, or ingredient intended for human consumption. These products cannot be animal feed, live animals (except for seafood products customarily sold and/or consumed live), non-harvested plants, fiber, medicinal products, cosmetics, tobacco products, or narcotics. Farmers, commercial processors, slaughterhouses, and farmers' markets are excluded from this definition.
- A dairy producer or processor, including raw milk producers and those who receive funding from the Dairy Assistance Application. Restrictions on reimbursement for losses and/or expenses related to a dairy operation may apply.
Webinars for Applicants
Each webinar will cover information about the source of funds, eligibility, reporting requirements, and technical instructions on how to complete a successful application, followed by a Q & A session.
Friday, August 21 | 12:00–1:00 PM
Join by phone: +1 802-552-8456 Conference ID: 207 560 18#
Monday, August 24 | 1:00–2:00 PM
Join by phone: +1 802-552-8456 Conference ID: 656 335 504#
Tuesday, August 25 | 10:00–11:00 AM
Join by phone: +1 802-552-8456 Conference ID: 299 369 324#