Participate in a virtual tasting with Vermont specialty food & beverage producers and retailers. Producers will have the opportunity to share samples and pitch their products to potential buyers. Retailers and/or distributors will taste and learn about Vermont-made products available for wholesale.
Applications are now open! Apply today to participate in any of our 5 tastings in 2021.
How does it work?
- Producers send products and sales information to buyers ahead of the tasting.
- Participants join the live virtual event: Producers to pitch their brand and buyers learn about their products.
- Buyers will taste and handle the product in the comfort of their office. During the live tasting buyers will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Connections are made and follow-ups will be encouraged.
The pandemic has disrupted our industry not only with forced closures and increase in safety regulations, but also with the cancellation of in-person industry trade shows where producers and buyers meet, sample, and make new connections and sales. Virtual tastings are a new and exciting way for buyers to try new brands to them and for producers to hone their pitch and connect with potential clients all from the comfort and safety of their home or office. Food has been a the forefront of the pandemic, consumers are cooking more at home and are open to trying new products and flavors to spice up their daily meals. Supporting small businesses is now more important than ever, we encourage retailers to expand their local and small brand offerings and continue supporting the small business community that they are a part of.
2021 Virtual Tasting Schedule
- January 28th, 2021 10am-11am Theme: New Year, New Products
- March 25th, 2021 10am-11am Theme: Summer Staples
- Fat Toad Farm, Runamok Maple, Vermont Tortilla Company, Blake Hill, Pin Up Pickles, Live Young Kitchen.
- May 27th, 2021 10am-11am Theme: Summer Stapes 2
- July 29th, 2021 10am-11am Theme: Fall/Winter Eating & Drinking
- August 26th, 2021 10am-11am Theme: TBD
See our latest successful event: Virtual Tasting here! Vermont Food Producers Find New Way to Reach Retail Accounts Amid Pandemic
Questions? Please email VSFA at firstname.lastname@example.org
"The VSFA team did a great job organizing this effort and I felt as though your information and advice really helped me to be prepared and therefore - successful!" - Stewart Maple
"Thank you so much for a fun virtual tasting this morning. I cant tell you how much I appreciate all of your help with this and everything you did to put this together. I was telling Alex this morning that I was really looking forward to many things but the biggest thing was purely the experience of doing my first virtual tasting. I sure did learn a whole lot from the process. I loved listening to others stories and to hear questions from buyers. It was priceless." - The Yerbary