Grace Potters Grilled Habanero Mexican DelightsGrace Potter leads for Grace & The Nocturnals, fresh from appearances across the country and on all the talk shows - pausing from her tour long enough to share her love of the Cabot farmers and their world-class cheddar in her own recipes for the road. Way North Caliente con Grace.Ingredients:
Olive oil as needed
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
4 thick slices hearty whole-grain bread
Thin slices of Cabot Jalapeno Light Cheddar
Thin slices of Cabot Hot Habanero Cheddar
Red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
Wedge of fresh lemon or lime
Mixed salad greens
1. Lightly coat large skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until lightly colored and translucent; transfer to plate.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add generous amount of additional oil to skillet. Add bread slices and let cook until lightly toasted on underside.
3. Top two of bread slices with reduced fat jalapeno cheddar slices. Cover skillet just until cheese is melted.
4. Add habanero cheddar slices. Sprinkle lightly with red pepper flakes. Top with cooked onions, followed by avocado slices and jalapenos. Squeeze a little lemon or lime juice on top.
5. Invert remaining bread slices on top to make two sandwiches. Cover skillet and let cook for several minutes or just until habanero cheddar is melted, Serve each on bed of greens.